There’s no other gym in Homer Glen quite like us. Elite Fitness is family owned and operated by Fitness Professionals with over 20 years experience in the industry.
With everything you’re looking for..all at an affordable price, why would you go anywhere else? Enjoy the wide variety of workout options provided to our members at Elite Fitness. We have a wide variety of cardio equipment from ellipticals to climbmills, strength circuit, hammer strength, free weights & more. You may however want the motivation, inspiration, & knowledge provided to our members when participating in any of our group fitness classes. Offered Monday – Saturday at Elite Fitness, our classes provide a variety of workout formats for all fitness levels. Whether your goal is to lose weight, improve muscle appearance or improve your cardiovascular system or strength, we have a workout for you.
- improved muscle strength and tone – to protect your joints from injury. It also helps you maintain flexibility and balance and helps you remain independent as you age
- weight management and increased muscle-to-fat ratio – as you gain muscle, your body burns more calories when at rest
- greater stamina – as you grow stronger, you won’t get tired as easily
- prevention or control of chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, back pain, depression and obesity
- pain management
- improved mobility and balance
- improved posture
- decreased risk of injury
- increased bone density and strength and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- improved sense of wellbeing – resistance training may boost your self-confidence, improve your body image and your mood
- a better night’s sleep and avoidance of insomnia
- increased self-esteem
- enhanced performance of everyday tasks.
Next, take a moment to remember all the benefits of cardio exercise:
- Weight loss
- Stronger heart and lungs
- Increased bone density
- Reduced stress
- Reduced risk of heart disease and some types of cancer
- Temporary relief from depression and anxiety
- More confidence about how you feel and how you look
- Better sleep
- More energy
A common reason given for quitting an exercise program is boredom. A variety of class formats will keep you motivated and interested, as well as give you different instructor styles, music selection, and interaction with other participants. For many, an hour-long workout goes by very quickly when there is music playing and you are trying new exercises. People stay interested because of the social atmosphere provided by group exercise. This offers camaraderie and accountability among participants, as well as between participants and instructor.
In a study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 15 minutes in a sauna a day for 14 days improved the function of the endothelial cells lining the arteries by 40 percent.
Other conditions for which sauna is proving to be helpful include:
- Chronic fatigue
- Mild depression
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Skin conditions